Welcome to this short, step-by-step walkthrough on how to create a new AdMonkey account by using your smart phone’s web browser. This post is one of many articles we will be posting to help you best use the AdMonkey platform to your benefit.
Our website’s layout adjusts depending on the device you’re using it on. The same buttons might not be in the same place on the screen. If you’re looking for instructions on how to create an account using the web browser on your computer, please refer to the article How to create an account on a computer.
Click the circular login button at the bottom right of the website. It looks like a circle with an arrow pointing through it. To the left of the login button is a search shortcut button which provides the same search function as the main search.
When you click on the login button, the login pop-up will appear on top of the web page.
At the bottom of the login pop-up you will see a line of text reading “Don’t have an account? Create one here”. Select on “Create one here”.
You will now be switched over to the registration view of the pop-up. Fill in your details as shown below, and be sure to click the “I agree to the terms & conditions” checkbox. Pressing on “terms & conditions” will take you to our terms & conditions page. You may also navigate there using the navigation links in the footer of the website. You will be able to provide additional details about yourself – like your phone number – on the accounts screen after you’ve logged into your AdMonkey account.
Press the “Register” button when you’re ready and you will be shown a green confirmation banner stating that your details have been accepted, appearing just above the input fields you’ve just filled in.
Next, we will send you a confirmation email to the email address you provided to us. This is to confirm that you indeed have access to the mail address that you provided. Click the “Confirm Email” button you will find in the email. If you don’t see the email, be sure to check your spam folder in your email client.
Pressing on “Confirm Email” in the email we send you will bring you back to the AdMonkey Free Classifieds website and display a confirmation banner message at the very top of the page. Notice the main menu “Hamburger” button on the top lefthand side of the upper menu, and the “Submit Ad” button on the top righthand side (two squares with a plus sign).
Once again, click the login button (circle with arrow through it) at the bottom of the screen to bring up the login pop-up and log in with the details you have provided. Click the “LOGIN” button when you’re ready.
You are now logged into the AdMonkey Free Classified platform! Notice that the login button on the bottom has now changed to an icon of a person and an icon of an envelope. The envelope button takes you to your messages inbox where the messages from other buyers/sellers will be kept. More on that in another post. The icon that looks like a person will take you to your account backend where you can manage your account and adverts.
Basic Account Menu Navigation
If you click on the icon that looks like a person, you will be directed to your account dashboard screen. If you click the “hamburger” menu button on the top left (looks like three stacked horizontal lines) you will open the main navigation menu. This menu is topped with a few profile related buttons (imaged below). Clicking the gear icon will take you to your account settings where you can add additional pieces of information about yourself or your business. Those details will be visible on your public facing profile which other buyers and sellers will see.
It is recommended that you add a phone number, and if you’re a business, a detailed description of your business. Including links to your social media channels/pages will help greatly.
Back to the main menu:
- Dashboard: This is the first screen you will see when you’ve logged in. This details how many adverts you have running, what your current user rating/reputation is on the platform, how many favourite adverts you’ve chosen. As well as the basic reporting functionality you have to see the performance of each of your adverts over time.
- Your Ads: it is here where you’ll find a list of your adverts on the platform. You’ll be able to view your ads, edit them, mark them as sold/complete, activate paid promotion campaigns (more on that in another post), and more.
- Favourite Ads: AdMonkey provides the ability to mark other folks adverts as favourite. This is so that you can record them in a central place – your account – for easy, future reference.
- Auctions: This screen lists all the active auctions you are currently participating in. It’s here where you can keep track of each auction, how the auction is performing, and if you are being outbidded by another person.
- Reviews: it is here where you’ll find all the feedback and reviews others have made towards or about you. A user will only be able to leave a review about you if they’ve already messaged you through the platform, and you’ve responded to them. Once both parties have communicated with each other on the platform, the review option becomes available. It is vital for your trustworthiness on the platform for you to have a rating. this dramatically improves the likelihood of others buying form you.
- Invoices: here is the record of invoices for paid promotions you’ve purchased.
- Delete Account: if you’re unhappy with your experience on AdMonkey, you can very easily just delete your account. We do not tie you in in any way to our system. As soon as you delete your account, all your information is deleted immediately. We in no way save your data after this fact. This means that any setup you’ve done or adverts you’ve created will not be recoverable after this action.
We will further detail the ins and outs of navigation your account’s screens in future posts.
And there you have it. These are the basic steps you will need to to create an account on the AdMonkey Free Classifieds platform using your mobile smart phone. Simple, isn’t it? From here you will be able to submit free adverts at your leisure.
Be sure to review our FAQ and Terms & Conditions (links in the footer below). We take the points mentioned in those documents very seriously, and actively enforce them for the safety and benefit of all users of the system.