Welcome to this short, step-by-step walkthrough on how to create a new AdMonkey account using the web browser on your computer. This post is one of many articles we will be posting to help you best use the AdMonkey platform to your benefit.
Our website’s layout adjusts depending on the device you’re using it on. The same buttons might not be in the same place on the screen. So, keep an eye out for our next post detailing the steps required to sign-up using your mobile phone’s web browser.
Click the circular login button at the top righthand corner of the website, it looks like a circle with an arrow pointing into it. Next to that button is the “Submit Ad” button.
When you click on the login button, the login widget will pop-up on top of the web page.
At the bottom of the login pop-up you will see a line of text reading “Don’t have an account? Create one here”. Click on “Create one here”.
You will now be switched over to the registration view of the pop-up. Fill in your details as shown below, and be sure to click the “I agree to the terms & conditions” checkbox. Clicking on “terms & conditions” will take you to our terms & conditions. You may also navigate there using the navigation links in the footer of the website. You will be able to provide additional details about yourself – like your phone number – on the accounts screen after you’ve logged into your AdMonkey account later.
Click the “Register” button when you’re ready and you will be shown a green confirmation that your details have been accepted just above the input fields you’ve just filled in.
Next, we will send you a confirmation email to the email address you provided to us. This is to confirm that you indeed have access to the mail address that you provided. Click the “Confirm Email” button you will find in the email.
This will bring you back to the AdMonkey Vehicle Classifieds website and display a confirmation message at the very top of the website.
Once again, click the login button (circle with arrow through it) to bring up the login pop-up and log in with the details you have provided. Click the “LOGIN” button when you’re ready.
You are now logged into the AdMonkey Vehicle Classified platform. Notice that the login button on the top righthand side has now changed to an icon of a person. Next to that you will also see an icon that looks like an envelope. This button takes you to your messages inbox where the messages from other buyers/sellers will be kept. More on that in another post.
Basic Account Menu Navigation
If you click on the icon that looks like a person, you will be directed to your account dashboard screen where you’ll find a tall navigation menu on the left, topped with a few profile related buttons (imaged below), as well as your advert dashboard. Clicking the gear icon will take you to your account settings where you can add additional pieces of information about yourself or your business. These details will be visible on your public facing profile that other buyers and sellers will see.
It is here where you can enter your all important contact phone number and profile picture.
This is what the main left navigation menu looks like:
- Dashboard: This is the first screen you will see when you’ve logged in. This details how many adverts your have running, what your current user rating/reputation is on the platform, how many favourite adverts you’ve chosen. As well as the basic reporting functionality you have to see the performance of each of your adverts over time.
- Your Ads: it is here where you’ll find a list of your adverts on the platform. You’ll be able to view your ads, edit them, mark them as sold/complete, activate paid promotion campaigns (more on that in another post), and more.
- Favourite Ads: AdMonkey provides the ability to mark other folks adverts as favourite. This is so that you can record them in a central place – your account – for easy, future reference.
- Auctions: This screen lists all the active auctions you are currently participating in. Its here where you can keep track of each auction, how the auction is performing, and if you are being outbidded by another person.
- Reviews: it is here where you’ll find all the feedback and reviews others have made towards or about you. A user will only be able to leave a review about you if they’ve already messaged you through the platform, and you’ve responded to them. Once both parties have communicated with each other on the platform, the review option becomes available. It is vital for your trustworthiness on the platform for you to have a rating. this dramatically improves the likelihood of others buying form you.
- Invoices: here is the record of invoices for paid promotions you’ve purchased.
- Delete Account: if you’re unhappy with your experience on AdMonkey, you can very easily just delete your account. We do not tie you in in any way to our system. As soon as you delete your account, all your information is deleted immediately. We in no way save your data after this fact. This means that any setup you’ve done or adverts you’ve created will not be recoverable after this action.
We will further detail the ins and outs of navigation your account’s screens in future posts.
And there you have it. These are the basic steps you will need to to create an account on the AdMonkey Vehicle Classifieds platform. Simple, isn’t it? From here you will be able to submit adverts at your leisure.
Be sure to review our FAQ and Terms & Conditions (links in the footer below). We take the points mentioned in those documents very seriously, and actively enforce them for the safety and benefit of all users of the system.